Theses are the best glyphs you can use for your shadow priest for patch 4.1. These glyphs go hand in hand with the best 4.1 Shadow Priest Talent Build guide if you haven’t already seen it.
- Glyph of Mind Flay – Increases the damage done by your Mind Flay spell by 10%.
- Glyph of Shadow Word: Death - If your Shadow Word: Death fails to kill the target at or below 25% health, your Shadow Word: Death’s cooldown is instantly reset. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 6 sec.
- Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain – Increases the periodic damage of your Shadow Word: Pain by 10%.
- Glyph of Psychic Horror – Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Horror by 30 sec.
- Glyph of Inner Fire – Increases the armor from your Inner Fire spell by 50%.
- Glyph of Mass Dispel – Reduces the cast time of Mass Dispel by 1 sec.
- Glyph of Levitate – Your Levitate spell no longer requires a reagent.
- Glyph of Shadowfiend - Receive 5% of your maximum mana if your Shadowfiend dies from damage.
- Glyph of Fortitude – Reduces the mana cost of your Power Word: Fortitude spell by 50%.
The real key to this glyph setup is your prime glyphs. With these 3 glyphs you will do noticeably more damage than without them. The rest of the glyphs, while helpful, mainly focus on more minor aspects like quicker cast times or relate to buffs. These can mean the difference between a wipe and surviving a bad pull but if you’d like another glyph instead of one of the Major or Minor Glyphs listed you can probably get away with substituting it, but don’t try doing that with one of the Primes!